Google introduced its new logo which is very simple than before. After 17years of its journey Google changed its logo in the part of its evolution.
From a search to Android, Google changed its branding day by day. And today it is created a great hype of tech brand in the market. in the year 1998 Larry page and Sergey Brin invented the Google search engine typically with a limited results of search. Both are from Stanford University and they started their search engine journey at Stanford only. They gave few searching facilities for Stanford students and gradually expanded to region by region.
Google started its journey with simplicity and continues its simple manner in logo. Six letter word Google came from the word Googol means 10 to the power of 100. That means it’s a binary letter name came from and later changed as Google.
Suggested Reading: Submit sitemap for effective search results
The Evolution of Google logos
Google logos evolved in its part of the journey. This world class technological company logos are keeps changing along with its updates and new applications. Truth is that the first logo took lot of time for founders and they nurtured their brain and stormed to get a final outcome. Google always believes that it is not enough to give a logo and publish. All it matters is how close it reaches the users and how it gives the clear picture of all functionalities of Google products such as Google plus, Analytics, Ad sense.
The doodle story:
As you may have seen many doodles on the home page of Google on every special occasion or a day to celebrate and to know some thing about a person, place or invention.
Doodles are the logo designs of Google displayed to celebrate holidays or special occasions. Firstly the idea blinked in Larry and Sergey minds to introduce cyber doodles on home page. They just started playing with logo letters while decided to create a logo. They just changed the letter O and that gave a different look to the title of logo. That’s the first doodle created and two years later they approached the current webmaster Dennis Hwang who is an intern at that time to create a diode for Bastle day. It was the first ever doodle and received a great response. Dennis was appointed as chief doodler for Google. And doodlers started showing on Google page more and more on every special event of the world. Doodles are the comical letters of Google which displayed in different manner to project the events.
Below are few reasons that why Google decided to change Logo!
- A Scalable mark that could covey the feeling of the full logo type in constrained spaces. It means no matter where ever the logo may published it should be easily identified as a google product.
- The incorporation of dynamic, intelligent motion that responded to users of all stages of interaction
- A systematic approach to branding in our products to provide consistency in people’s daily encounters with Google.
- A refinement of what makes us Googley combining the best of the brand our users know and love with thoughtful consideration for how their needs are changing.
- The new feature of logo is when a user search some thing in Android phone the ‘G’ logo blinks and gives a better idea that “What’s going on!”
This is about the new logo history of Google. If you find this as something informative, do not forget to share from your social media. Also comment your opinions below.